Our latest ideas for travel schooling:
- Geography – map reading, orienteering,topography, geology, ecosystems (marine biology, Yosemite, reefs, rainforests, Antarctica), Gondwanaland and future of modern day ‘arks’ like Codfish Island in NZ
- History – European world discovery, colonisation (James Cook), local history
- Art – Aboriginal art, local art & crafts, landscapes, travel photography
- RE/Philosophy -sacred sites (Aboriginal Dreamtime), Maori legend, Buddhism, Shinto shrines
- English – travel writing, opportunities for publication, writing for digital media, descriptive writing
- Maths – currencies, distances, budgeting, time differences, reading timetables, Japanese maths ! (plus regular curriculum work sent via email)
- Music -world music (no, we are not taking the violin or drums but maybe a small instrument for busking purposes!)
- Sports – snorkelling mostly, maybe Sumo!
- Languages – Japanese and the odd bit of Aussie/NZ slang
If anyone has any suggestions we’d love to hear them.